Merino wool is a popular choice for women’s clothing and that’s due to the special properties the merino wool has itself. A naturally grown fibre of merino sheep, it is soft and warm to wear, and is one of the most sort after wool types available in the market. We’re huge fans of merino wool and that’s why we’ve chosen it for our women’s clothing and accessories ranges. Discover the benefits that wearing merino wool clothing can give you too!
Why Merino Wool is Amazing to Wear
Often labelled as being the finest natural fibre, we use merino wool fabric for our range of women’s merino clothing specifically for the benefits it provides, including:
- Thermo regulating – merino wool has great insulating properties, but it can also help regulate your body temperature. When worn, it is known to help keep you warm and cool, adapting to your body temperature. Merino wool clothing is ideal for layering too.
- Naturally elastic – when stretched, merino clothing will return to its original shape due to the elasticity of the merino fibre.
- 100% Natural – merino wool is a natural and renewable fibre, with one sheep growing up to two kilograms of wool per year. The fibre is super soft and fire resistant too.
- Hypoallergenic – unlike regular sheep wool, merino is not itchy to wear and is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
- Antimicrobial and odour resistant – merino wool helps wick sweat and moisture away from the skin through absorption. It naturally repels odour causing bacteria too.
- Biodegradable, sustainable and environmentally friendly – as a natural product, it will biodegrade in the ground after around 12 months, is a sustainable resource and environmentally friendly to our planet too.
- Easy to care for – merino wool is UV resistant, stain resistant and can be machine washed. It is also quick drying and wrinkle resistant too.
- Durable – the merino wool fibre is six times stronger than cotton and can be bent back onto itself over 20,000 times. This means you get a lot more wear out of an article of merino clothing compared with something similar made with cotton fabric.
It’s because of these benefits that we chose to use only merino fabric for our women’s clothing and accessories ranges. We’d love for you to fall in love with merino too – so pop over to our online shop and take a look.
Posted: Friday 20 November 2020